There’s a lot moving here at UOS as the 2015-16 classes come to a close and we prepare for the new classes to begin in the Fall. I thought I’d share a bit about what happens between sessions.
Salima Adelstein is just returning from co-hosting a trip to Morocco with Fawzia Al-Rawi, while Kamila Shenmen is preparing to spend the entire month of Ramadan in the old city of Jerusalem just outside the Temple Mount. When Kamila returns, they’ll be preparing for their upcoming retreat, The Presence & The Essence, where they’ll be offering jewels and wisdom from the Middle East here in the US. Click here to learn more.
Wadude and Nura are preparing to head south for Live events in Los Angeles and San Diego, where they’ll be teaching about Making Your Heart an Oasis of Love, Peace & Divine Wisdom. Click here to learn more about their events.
I’m off to Louisville for the Festival of Faiths – an interfaith conference put on by the Center for Interfaith Relations. I’m excited to be developing relationships and partnerships with interfaith organizations. This is one of our missions for this coming year.
In support of the partnerships, as well as support for our own community, we are developing resources for people who want to learn about Sufism, its foundational beliefs and basic tenets. We want to use brief educational pieces – articles and videos – to spread the message of Sufism’s inherent alignment with world peace, healing and service.
First on the list is a web page of Sufism FAQ’s, which will be hosted on the Patheos blog site, another of our interfaith partners who draws 12 million visitors per month to their site!
The page is still under construction. Meanwhile, I want to give you a sneak preview of the first FAQ on the list. Check it out, and feel free to share with friends and on social media.
Here’s FAQ #1: What is Sufism?
Want to support the mission and help to spread the message of Peace, Love, Mercy, Justice and Freedom?
Here are a few ways you can get involved:
1. Do you have a question you would like to see on the FAQ page? Just reply to this email with your question, and if it’s not already on the list, I’ll see about getting it added.
2. Do you know of organizations who would be interested in providing resources on Sufism for their communities? These could be organizations who teach comparative religious studies, interfaith organizations, or anyone interested in bringing peace and unity to the world through education and understanding. If so, just reply to this email.
3. Do you know of interfaith organizations, student associations or television or radio shows who are looking for guest lecturers to speak on Sufi studies or peacemaking or heart-centered healing? We would appreciate an introduction. For any of these options, just reply to this email.
4. Do you have a story about what you’ve received from the path or time with Sidi? We’re working on the book of stories about what we have received from our guide, Sidi, during the time he was with us in body. Our beloved Jamila Davies is offering a free webinar this coming weekend. If you think you have a story in you, please join us and see if this will help you to bring it out.
We want to collect all stories by June 21st. Halfway through Ramadan. We’d like to get this book completed and into the hands of those who can grow from the many jewels we were blessed to received. We envision this book as a commemorative work, a resource for people who are seeking. We intend to paint possibilities of what the heart can reach and to offer hope for what is available to someone when they open their heart to love.
The stories will be published anonymously. The book is not about any person, not even Sidi. It’s all about the gifts from Allah, The One.
Again, reply to this email to request info about this Writing from the Heart workshop with Jamila Davies.
5. Of course, any time you attend one of our events – live or by internet – you are helping to support the message. All of our offerings are intended to help you wash your heart of its barriers to love so you can be the love, peace and compassion in the world.
Blessings and gratitude for you!
Mastura Graugnard on behalf of all your friends and family at UOS