Our Sufi path is a path of transformation. Our guide brought us special secrets for traveling a direct and powerful path to know our Lord, the Most High. Many people in our community have walked very deeply on this path which has no end. For this we share in immense gratitude.
As we are now in Ramadan and the month of June is upon us, I realize this is a time when Sidi would be arriving in the US and I would be getting very excited about the opportunity to sit with him and receive his teachings. I imagine I’m not the only one missing his physical presence at this time.
I always felt that each year, when I put my hands in his, he walked me from one reality into another, taking me deeper into my heart, clearing another layer of veils so I could rest in a more authentic and sincere experience of my own human-spirit existence.
And he did not leave us void. Al-humduli’llah, Praise be to The One. He left us with many books, tools and practices to continue to walk us. He prepared many experienced teachers who are equipped to continue to guide us as we navigate our individual and collective paths.
Our teachers and communities have put together many opportunities to continue to walk together. I encourage you to take an extra step to reach out to your community this season.
Here are a few of the options available for you in Ramadan:
- You are welcome to join in on the Shadhiliyya Sufi Communities tele-conference calls for readings of Qur’an and Sidi’s books, as well as dhikrs and other practices. Click here to access the call schedule.
- The Shadhiliyya Sufi Center in Pope Valley, CA, will be holding a Ramadan Retreat during the last 10 days of Ramadan. The Farm of Peace in Warfordsburg, PA, will be holding Special Events for Ramadan as well.
- Several of the communities will be having gatherings during Ramadan for prayer and breaking fast together (iftar). Find out about local community events here.
Moving beyond Ramadan, we have several options for deepening the walking with support and guidance from our teachers and fellow travelers.
- If you want to take your walking to the next level and you’re ready to deepen the experience of your inner reality, you are invited to join Salima Adelstein and Kamila Shenmen, the UOS Co-Presidents, for a special retreat, The Presence and The Essence.
- And of course, if you have not already been through the University Masters of Divinity programs, they are like no other. Please speak with one of our admissions specialists to learn more about the next classes beginning October 2016. Click here to schedule a chat.
Every heart yearns to return to subsist in the Presence. As Sidi would say, don’t miss your chance.
With love and gratitude for you!
Mastura Graugnard on behalf of all your friends and family at UOS