Job Posting: Development Director
The University of Sufism is seeking a Development Director. This will be a half-time position, reporting to the Co-Presidents.
The Development Director responsibilities will include:
- Design of the overall development plan.
- Planning and execution of the UOS Annual Fundraising Campaign
- Facilitating meetings of the Development Committee of the Board of Directors
- Researching and applying for foundation and government grants.
- Planning gratitude events for our donors.
- Administration and tracking of donations.
- Design and management of on-line donation sites.
The successful candidate will be one who believes in the mission of UOS, has good verbal and written communication skills, is creative, confident and independent. The Development Director will consult with the Chief Financial Officer, the Marketing Director and the Board Development Committee as needed.
The position requires competent computer and social media skills, including the use of Word, Excel and Facebook. Familiarity with Highrise, Basecamp and InfusionSoft are preferred – although training in these and other tools will be provided as needed to the right candidate.
This is a half-time (20 hrs per week) position. Remuneration is $25/hr.
Please answer these Supplemental Questions as part of your application.
- Please share details of your current and past experience that would be applicable to this position.
- Please describe your experience and skill set with computer software and computer programs.
- Have you ever tele-commuted before or worked on a virtual team?
- Why would you like to work for UOS?
- Tell us about yourself. What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible so there is no deadline date.
Please submit your 1) Cover Letter, 2) Resume (with three references including contact information) and 3) Supplemental Questions to Kamila Shenmen at firstname.lastname@example.org