At the end of our lives, no matter how much success we’ve had or opportunities we have missed, true contentment can be measured by our relationship with God and how we brought that spirit into our relationships with the people.
How would you rate the relationships in your life with the people that matter the most – your spouses, children, parents, friends and even co-workers? Are your relationships strained? Do you have communication problems? Are you tired of the power struggles? Are you overburdened by demanding schedules that leave no time for closeness? Do your relationships lack emotional intimacy? Is your relationship affected by financial stresses or work-aholism? Is your life in the bedroom flat? Have you been hurt by infidelity? Do you fear you’ve been settling for less than you deserve?
All these issues leave people feeling lonely, hopeless, frustrated, stuck, drained or broken. Even physical illnesses can often stem from family and relationship problems. When you learn the ultimate keys to outstanding relationships, you will experience more passion, greater intimacy and a taste of the highest form of love—divine love.
Freedom to Love – Family Edition
Taught by Nura Laird, MEd, UOS Faculty
Tuesdays, November 8, 15, 22, 29; December 6
5:30-7pm PST/ 6:30-8pm MST/
7:30-9pm CST/ 8:30-10pm EST
Good healthy relationships are hard work; but it’s worth the effort because, when you do the work, you grow enormously and you receive many blessings. Learn the secrets to Divine Relationships and live in harmony with everyone in your life!
Who is this class for?
These teachings apply to all kinds of relationships – between couples, parents and children, siblings, friends and coworkers.
What’s included in this course?
We will address five different topics related to healing the family and relationships in general: Love, Connecting, Communicating, Caring and Conflict. I will provide an overview of what’s involved in each topic and a vision of what can be developed in a healthy, well functioning relationship.
Class #1 on Divine Love
- Learn and taste what divine love is.
- Discover how to make God your Source so you’re never left feeling alone.
- Understand how to spot when God is NOT present in your relationships.
- Discover what is possible with Divine Love.
- Learn the keys to relationships based in the heart and soul rather than ego.
- Understand how love is a process.
Class #2 on Divine Connection
- Learn the difference between connection vs. separation.
- Discover how to connect heart to heart.
- Learn the steps to practicing deep listening as a way to connect.
Class #3 Divine Communication
- Learn how SPIRITUAL communication can restore and deepen your love.
- Discover how to communicate from your heart without words.
- Find four common pitfalls that DESTROY communication.
- Understand what to do about needs.
Class #4 Divine Caring
- Learn how to shift the relationship from the ego self to the caring heart.
- Discover the golden rule of love-wanting for another what you want for yourself.
Class #5 Conflict Resolution
- Learn why misinterpreting leads to most of our problems.
- Discover the deeper conflict that causes breakdowns in relationships.
- Learn about mirrors, or it’s all about you. So work on healing yourself and this will change your relationships.
Special Tuition: $97 for all 5 Weeks! Spouses are free!
Who Is Nura Laird?
Nura Laird, M.Ed. is chair of the Department of Peacemaking and a faculty member. Nura has been a student of healing and Sufism since 1977. She has extensive training and experience in community and family mediation and in teaching and counseling children and adults. Since graduating from the Energy Mastery School in 1992, Nura has worked professionally as a spiritual counselor, teacher and seminar leader internationally. Nura is especially inspired to help restore the real love and peace to families, and to guide her clients and students to bring more love and peace into our world.